[Cosmos-Dev] Debugging Kernel (DevKit)
pascal.delprat@online.fr [Cosmos-Dev]
2015-08-21 14:33:14 UTC
Hello,
I'm able to go step by step to debug kernel, but the break point works only on User Kit code ?
Thanks in advance,
Pascal
Matthijs ter Woord matthijsterwoord@gmail.com [Cosmos-Dev]
Pascal
pascal.delprat@online.fr [Cosmos-Dev]
2015-08-21 14:47:28 UTC
Many thanks for your quick reply,
I see Debug Level ? Source or IL - Source is selected
I see Tracing ? All or Cosmos or User - All is selected

So let me explain what I did exactly :
Install all components
Start Install-VS2015
Select Demos\Guess\Guess project as my statrup projet
Make some break points on guessOS and on Kernel.cs (Cosmos.System)
Start and break points on GuessOS works and not on Kernel.cs
But if I step Into, I can see step by step into Kernel.cs

Pascal
Matthijs ter Woord matthijsterwoord@gmail.com [Cosmos-Dev]
Pascal
pascal.delprat@online.fr [Cosmos-Dev]
2015-08-21 14:56:35 UTC
That's my understanding also. So, I have change it, by removing reference of Cosmos.System, and add the corresponding Project. But it seems that compiler continue to use User Kit path. I didn't see where can I change it. Also, when I change something on DevKit, I need to start Install-VS2015 again to see the change when I start guess project.
Thanks again for your help,
Pascal
Matthijs ter Woord matthijsterwoord@gmail.com [Cosmos-Dev]

Pascal
pascal.delprat@online.fr [Cosmos-Dev]
2015-08-21 15:04:45 UTC
I see a Cosmos.System reference only on GuessKernel.csproj.
I would like to work on Networking part ...
Matthijs ter Woord matthijsterwoord@gmail.com [Cosmos-Dev]
2015-08-21 15:20:03 UTC
Networking is still not started on. We need to setup the base architecture
for that..
2015-08-21 15:26:26 UTC
I know ... Give me the way to experiment, but I need to debug at kernel level to do that ...
Matthijs ter Woord matthijsterwoord@gmail.com [Cosmos-Dev]
2015-08-21 15:31:24 UTC
Make a couple of System, HAL libraries yiourself and put your stuff in
there..